This section of the site is for materials that I hope will be of use to students studying for their Wine & Spirit Education Trust Diploma. In particular, it contains online versions of all of the lists found in the WSET Units 3, 5 and 6 Study Guides that direct students to entries in the Oxford Companion to Wine. These lists of terms link through to the online version of the OCW found on jancisrobinson.com.
These are of very little use without a subscription to the Purple Pages section of jancisrobinson.com. Discount promotional codes for students are available through the WSET website or by emailing email@example.com.
- Unit 3 – Light Wines of the World
- Unit 5 – Sparkling Wines of the World
- Unit 6 – Fortified Wines of the World
There are no such lists in the Study Guides for Units 1, 2, and 4. However, within the Unit 3 Study Guide there are two lists of general terms for review that apply to all elements of Unit 3, but also which directly relate to Unit 1 and Unit 2:
- Unit 1 – The Global Business of Alcoholic Beverages ( Unit 3: How to use this Study Guide)
- Unit 2 – Wine Production (Unit 3: How to use this Study Guide – continued)
A few disclaimers/caveats:
- These are not official course materials, and are maintained by this site, not by the WSET.
- Both the WSET and Jancis Robinson are aware of these pages and have given me their consent to make them available online. That is in no way an endorsement of anything on this site.
- Every effort has been made to make these complete and accurate. Any mistakes are my own, but if you make me aware of them in the comments I will fix them or let you know why I can’t.